Friends & Colleagues,
The 21st Century has had a cruel and savage birth: extreme man-made events, hybrid disasters, severe natural events, complex humanitarian emergencies, with accelerating climate change and variability. The old certainties are crumbling before our eyes …
The resolute Answer to these threats and the changing environmental and socio-economic needs of our increasingly complex world is Sustainable Fire Engineering ! In other words, macro fire engineering beyond current conventional fire codes and regulations … with their limited and flawed fire safety objectives.
- SFE fulfils a critical role in the realization of a Safe, Resilient & Sustainable Built Environment for All ;
- SFE facilitates positive progress towards the United Nation’s 2015-2030 Sustainable Development Agenda ;
- SFE fast-tracks proper compliance with the Basic Requirements for Construction Works in the European Union’s Construction Products Regulation 305/2011 (Annex I), specifically the interlinked Requirements 7, 2, 1, 3 & 4.
Responding quickly to the growing curiosity about, and interest in, this subject … we have decided to alter the format for this year’s event, now, before people have finalized their travel arrangements, etc.
- Day 1 ISO 21542 Revision – Full Day ‘Fire Safety for All’ Meeting.
- Day 2 New CIB W14 Reflection Document – Full Day Discussion on the Future Development of Sustainable Fire Engineering + Launch of the 2016 Dublin Code of Ethics for the Design, Construction and Operation of a Safe, Resilient & Sustainable Built Environment for All.
We hope you will support this much more integrated and targeted event.
On Behalf of the SFE 2016 DUBLIN Management Team.
Fire Safety will soon be properly integrated into the EU Framework on Building Energy Performance. At long last ! Follow our discussion about this serious flaw in current building standards …
Check out Fire Safety Europe’s recent Webinar Presentation: Three Reasons why Fire Resilience contributes to Sustainable Buildings … an important part of our wider SFE Agenda !
Our International Media Partners
SFE 2016 DUBLIN Supporting Organizations
SFE 2016 DUBLIN Objectives
1. To commence discussion and foster mutual understanding between the International Sustainable Development / Climate Change Adaptation / Urban Resilience Communities and the International Fire Science & Engineering Community.
2. To bring together today’s disparate Sectors within the International Fire Science and Engineering Community … to encourage better communication between each and trans-disciplinary collaboration between all.
3. To transform Conventional Fire Engineering into an ethical and fully professional Sustainable Design Discipline which is fit for purpose in the 21st Century … meaning … that fire engineers can participate actively in a sustainable design process, and can respond creatively with sustainable fire engineering design solutions which result in Effective Fire Safety for All in Sustainable/Green/Innovative/Smart Buildings.
4. To initiate a widely multi-disciplinary discussion on a New CIB W14 Research Working Group VI Reflection Document: ‘Sustainable Fire Engineering Design & Construction’ … which will establish a conceptual framework for the future of Sustainable Fire Engineering.